IBM P96 19.0-inch (17.9-inch viewable) Trinitron Color Monitor (6551)
Windows 95, Windows 98
IBM (Now known as Lenovo)
Driver Date & Version
2000/01/25 (ver. 1.0)
What was interesting about IBM P96 color monitor is the Twin video inputs allow the P96 color monitors to be connected to two computer systems at once.
In Lenovo website (IBM been bought over by Lenovo, remember?), the latest driver for IBM P96 monitor was on year 2000 and only available for Windows 95 and 98.
You can however try the driver in Windows 2000, XP and Vista as well because from the look of the driver file names, they are not much different from the latest file name convention.
Installation Guide for IBM P96 Monitor DriverWhen you start your system, Windows will detect that you have added new hardware and will choose a default setting.
To get the optimum performance from your monitor, you should load the files from the diskette supplied with your IBM monitor. To do this, carry out the following steps:
- Open the Display Properties Window (Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel and then double click on the Display icon).
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click Advanced Properties.
- Under Monitor Type, click the Change button.
- Insert the diskette and click the Have Disk button.
- Click the OK button.
- Choose your monitor type and click OK. The files will be copied from the diskette.
- Close all open windows and remove the diskette.
- Restart the system.
Download IBM P96 Driver here.
- Download IBM E74 Monitor Driver
- Download IBM P96 Driver