Huawei E172/HG553 3G HSUPA USB Modem
PDF, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OSX
Driver Date & Version
10/03/2007 (ver. 1.0)
Huawei HG553 is released as Vodafone E172 being the worlds slimmest and smallest HSUPA USB stick. A PDF user manual is available from Vodafone on set up your Huawei E172 modem. As the user manual is meant for use with Vodafone sim card, some features may not applicable if you are not using Vodafone.
Huawei HG553 / Vodafone E172 HSUPA Modem Installation
- Before you can start using your new Huawei HG553 modem, you will need to set it up.
- You will need to have a Vodafone SIM card activated for data – this should have been provided when the modem was purchased.
- Remove the cap from the end of the modem.
- Pull out the SIM card holder from its slot, and insert the SIM as shown.
- Re-insert the SIM card holder into the modem.
- If you have already installed a previous Plug and Play software for your connections with the modem, you will have to remove it from [Add or Remove Programs] before connecting your new modem to the computer.
- Plug the Huawei HG553 modem into your computer USB port – make sure the modem is fully inserted. This should automatically start the software driver installation.
- Download HP Deskjet F4280 Win Vista Driver
- Download Huawei HG553 User Manual