HP Business Inkjet 1100
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT4, Windows 2000, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
1/28/2004 (ver. 1.2)
However, I managed to download and open up HP Inkjet 1100 Windows XP driver file and found some useful information.
According to HP business inkjet 1100 Windows XP driver readme file, the driver is actually meant for hp business inkjet 1100 series printers Driver Upgrade - Windows 98, ME, NT 4.0, 2000 & XP.
Another proof was found under Setup.ini file under /bij1100/Setup/ folder: See what I found below:
So there you are, you should be able to use the Windows XP driver for your HP business inkjet under Windows 98SE without any problem.
Fixes & Enhancements
- Issue: PC host reports system resources to be low and the user is not able to send any documents to the printer.
- Issue: With toolbox running in the background for more than 4 hours, PC host reports system resources to be low and user is not able to send any documents to the printer.
- Issue: Unable to launch the Silent installer. User receives a blank dialog. This issue is seen when a user creates a non-English silent installer package on English Windows OS. This issue is also seen while running customization utility in installer package deployed in non-English OS.
- Issue: Installation process stops when process starts to detect presence of printer connected to the PC.
Resolution: Fixed. Implemented a skip button to allow user to bypass detection of printer.
- Issue: System prompts for file after un-installation of printer driver.
- Autolaunch toolbox will remain active in the minimize mode instead of the active dialog box display on the windows screen.
- On windows 2000 (LPT connection only), printer is not able to plug&play successfully during printer driver setup in an upgrading process. Users often need to re-trigger plug&play after system reboots.
Workaround: There is no need to run driver setup again as the printer driver is already preinstalled.
- Unable to upgrade from v1.0 driver (installed via CD setup) to web downloadable driver package version 1.1 onwards.
- Unable to upgrade from v1.0 driver(installed through web package) to v1.1 onwards
- A residual INF file is still present in the programs folder after uninstallation of the driver when an upgrade is done from v1.0 to v1.2. This occurs for Win9x/ME systems.
- Download PNY Attache Win98 Drivers
- Download HP Inkjet 1100 98SE Driver