HP DVD Writer 200J (200I Compatible, see below)
Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro, Microsoft Windows ME, Microsoft Windows 98
Driver Date & Version
Most users failed to find HP DVD Writer 200J firmware in HP website. Here is a clue:
From HP website, I found out that HP DVD Writer 200J is actually 200I, so we an safely assume that the firmware for both models 200i and 200j is the same.
Before you download and flash your DVD Writer 200J with the latest firmware, some advices for you:-
- Download the dvd200-172.exe file to the computer containing the DVD200 drive.
- Once the file is fully downloaded, double-click the dvd200-172.exe file to install and initiate the firmware update.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the DVD200 firmware update.
- For the firmware to take effect, the DVD writer must have the power cycled off after the firmware update.
- Reset the DVD200i by shutting down and turning off the computer. Reset the DVD200e by shutting down the computer and manually unplugging, then re-plugging in the power cable into the back of the drive.
- Restart the computer after power has been cycled. Failure to cycle power may result in the DVD200 temporarily malfunctioning.
If you are having problem during the flashing, just restart your PC and rerun the exe.
- Download Foxconn Motherboard 955X7AA-8EKRS2 Driver
- Download HP DVD Writer 200J Firmware Download