ECS A780GM-A Black Series motherboards.
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98.
ECS (Elitegroup Computer Systems. )
Driver Date & Version
2010/04/26 (ver. 04/14/2010)
After searching through ECS Taiwan website, seems that there are three types of A780GM-A motherboards, namely A780GM-A(V1.0), A780GM-A(V1.1) and A780GM-A Ultra(V1.0), in order of A780GM-A Ultra(V1.0) being the latest release while A780GM-A(V1.0) being the oldest. I have checked and both A780GM-A(V1.0) and A780GM-A(V1.1) are using the same new BIOS version while the Ultra version is different. So keep that in mind while downloading.
How to differentiate which model you are having? Either you can look at the packaging box or open up your PC and look for the version information in the ECS motherboard itself. See picture below for the location where you should see the version number of your ECS A780GM-A motherboard:
What this new release BIOS does is basically provide support for AMD 6Core CPU. So if you are not upgrading to an AMD 6core CPU, there is no need for you to try this BIOS update. Some useful information that you should read before flashing the BIOS:
- Do not update the BIOS if the system is running fine. Unsuccessful BIOS flash may cause the system fails to boot up. The manufacturer is not responsible for any BIOS flash failure.
- Make sure your M/B PCB version number first, and then read the updated description & special note carefully to check if the new BIOS version patch pertain to your current problem. Please refer to picture above to check your motherboard PCS version.
- It is recommended to use the updated flash utility included in each BIOS download package.
Download ECS A780GM-A Bios Update Code here.
- Download HP Pavilion a1700n Desktop PC Video Drivers
- Download ECS A780GM-A Bios Update Code