Dell TrueMobile Wireless USB 1350, 1370, 1450,1390, 1490, and 1500 series Wireless Adapter, Mini Card, MiniPCI and PC Card devices.
Windows XP, Windows XP 64bit
Driver Date & Version
11/16/2006 (ver. 188.8.131.52 / 184.108.40.206, A10)
This driver is rated as urgent by Dell and is highly recommended to apply this update as soon as possible. The update contains changes to improve the reliability and availability of your Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter.
Dell Wireless Adapters Supported
- Wireless 1350 WLAN MiniPCI Card
- Wireless 1350 WLAN PC Card
- Wireless 1370 WLAN MiniPCI Card
- Wireless 1390 WLAN ExpressCard
- Wireless 1390 WLAN MiniCard
- Wireless 1450 WLAN miniPCI Card
- Wireless 1470 Dual-Band WLAN miniPCI Card
- Wireless 1490 Dual-Band WLAN MiniCard
- Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN mini Card
- Fix for Dell Wireless Wi-Fi Cards to Address Security Vulnerability.
- Broadcom-based wireless cards, including select Dell Wireless 1450 cards offered on Latitude, Mobile Precision, Inspiron and XPS notebooks, are subject to a security vulnerability whereby a hacker may manipulate the data packets received by the notebook in such a way as to trigger an error condition.
- This error condition could result in the hacker having system level privileges to the notebook. In some cases this could allow the hacker to run any programs or access any files they wish on the targeted notebook.
- Windows XP 64-bit support.
- The Dell Wireless WLAN Card works with any IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED wireless router/AP or wireless client network adapter.
Driver Installation Instructions
- Download the driver file R140747.EXE and double-click the file to run it.
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or unzip to C:\\DELL\\DRIVERS\\R140747.
- Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
- The Self-Extractor window appears, click OK.
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, please close it.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- Type C:\\DELL\\DRIVERS\\R140747 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions.
If you happen to have the Dell Wireless 1450 Dual-Band 802.11abg USB2.0 Adapter Driver CD, you can refer to this excellent help.
Download Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter + Driver here.
- Download ADMtek AN983 10/100 PCI Adapter Driver
- Download Dell Wireless 1450 Wireless USB Adapter + Driver