Dell 1300, 1350, 1370, 1390, 1400, 1450, 1470, 1490 Wireless WLAN Cards
Windows 2000, Windows XP
Driver Date & Version
10/20/2006 (Win2000: ver. 188.8.131.52 / WinXP: ver.184.108.40.206)
First of all, let me remind you that this driver is only applicable for those reside in the United States. If you do, then check whether you have either one of these devices:
Dell Wireless 1350, 1370, 1450,1390, 1490 series, and Dell TrueMobile 1300, 1400 series Mini Card, MiniPCI and PC Card devices (not USB). If you fulfill the above requirement, then you are recommended to download and install this driver.
Fixes and EnhancementAll newer version of drivers offer either some kind of fixes or enhancement. That is true for Dell wireless 1350 driver. Here are some of the important fixes offered:
- Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery support.
- Cisco Compatible Extensions v4 support.
- IPv6 support, although we hardly see one of these protocol nowadays.
- Smart card authentication support, including authentication during single sign-on Wireless WLAN Card Utility for managing your wireless networks, running hardware tests, and getting wireless network-related information.
- Wireless Network Connection Settings tool for connecting to advanced infrastructure networks.
- Wireless Network Wizard for connecting to basic infrastructure networks and ad hoc networks and creating ad hoc networks.
- The Dell Wireless WLAN Card works with any IEEE 802.11 Wi-Fi CERTIFIED access point or wireless client network adapter.
Driver InstallationInstallation is quite simple with Dell wireless 1350 driver:
- After download the driver, double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R115321.EXE.
- The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:/DELL/DRIVERS/R115321.
Write down this path so the executable (I.e. Setup.exe) file can be found later.
- The Self-Extractor window appears.
- Click OK.
- After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor window is still open, close it.
- Click the Start button and then click Run.
- Type C:/DELL/DRIVERS/R115321 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
- Follow the on-screen installation instructions. Thats it... maybe a restart is required.
P/s: I have found a more complete guide on how to install Dell 1300 and 1400 series wireless WLAN into Dell portable system. If you still having problem after trying the installation of the new Dell 1350 driver, you can read it here.
- Download Lexmark Z612 Z614 Z615 Z617 Printer Driver for Windows XP / Server 2003 v220.127.116.11
- Download Dell Wireless 1350 Driver