Dell Dimension 8400, XPS Gen 3, Precision 370
Windows 2000, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional
Driver Date & Version
15 Sept 2004 (22.214.171.12415, Rev. A01)
If you are having problem with your Dell Dimension SATA hard disk in Windows XP or 2000, you may want to install this driver to correct the issue where Windows 2000 may not resume from Hibernation when a RAID Array is configured.
After download the driver, follow the step-by-step guide below to start the SATA driver installation:
- First you need to run the downlaoded R82876.exe and it will prompt for an empty floppy diskette. Install the drivers into the diskette.
- Reboot the system, during the beginning of the operating system setup, press F6 to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver.
- When prompted, select \'S\' to Specify Additional Device.
- When prompted, insert the floppy disk you created (see first step above) and press Enter.
- At this point you should be presented with a selection for one of the following depending on you hardware version and configuration:
- Intel(R) 82801FR SATA RAID Controller
- Intel(R) 82801FR SATA AHCI Controller
- Highlight the selection that is appropriate for the hardware in your system and press Enter.
- Press Enter again to continue. Leave the floppy disk in the system until the next reboot as the software will need to be copied from the floppy disk again when setup is copying files.
If you follow the driver installation instruction correctly, you should have an updated SATA driver installed. As usual, make full backup of your important files before making any major chances to your system.
Download Dell Dimension 8400 SATA Driver here.
- Download Western Digital Sata RAID Driver
- Download Dell Dimension 8400 SATA Driver