D-Link DFE-690TXD 10/100 Fast Ethernet Notebook Adapter
Driver Date & Version
4/19/2002 (Ver. 5.397)
By right Windows XP will automatically install the necessary driver once you inserted D-Link DFE-690TXD network adapter. However, if you are having problem with the driver, you may want to have a look at the installation guide (taken from DFE-690TXD readme):
Before starting with the installation process, make sure that the adapter is properly installed and configured.
- If Windows XP has built the driver, when you plug the adapter in the mother board and power on the Windows XP, the Window XP will install the driver automatically.
You will see there is an item: D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card in the Network adapters list in the Device Manager.
The Device Manager can be invoked by choosing Start\\\\Control Panel\\\\Performance and Maintenance\\\\System\\\\Hardware(Tag)\\\\Device Manager(Button).
We recommend you to install the updated driver from the distributing disk by performing step 3 ~ 12.
- If Windows XP has not built the driver, obey steps below to install the driver.
- Invoke the Device Manager. Right click the item D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card.
in the Network adapters list, and choose Properties. There will prompt the D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card Properties window.
- Click the Driver tag, and choose the Update Driver... button. There will prompt a Hardware Update Wizard window.
- The Wizard will ask you
What do you want the wizard to do?
Please choose Install from a list or specific location(Advanced), Click Next.
- There will prompt a Please choose your search and installation options window.
Please choose Dont Search. I will choose the driver to install option. Click Next.
- There will prompt a Hardware Update Wizard window.
- Click Have Disk....In Install From Disk window, type the following path in the combo list:
EX: E:\\\\WINXP, Click OK.
- There will show
D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card
in the Network Adapter: field. Click Next.
- There will show
D-Link DFE-690TXD CardBus PC Card in Hardware Installation window.
- Windows XP will copy the driver and system files for the network.
If there prompts a ...has not passed Windows Logo testing...,
please click Continue Anyway to continue the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
- Download D-Link DFM 560EL Modem Driver
- Download D-Link DFE-690TXD Windows XP Driver