C-Media CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device (CMI8738-LX, CMI8738-MX and CMI8738-SX)
Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (RC Build 7600)
C-Media Electronics Inc.
Driver Date & Version
02/09/2010 (ver. 8.17.40)
See below for the differences between the three versions of C-Media CMI8738:
- 8738-LX/MX supports 6CH DAC 5.1 surround output for movies and 3D games.
- 8738-MX provides additional digital interface S/PDIF IN/OUT (44.1K and 48KHz).
- 8738-SX supports 4CH DAC surround output for movies and 3D games.
- FM emulator
- MIDI MPU-401 port.
Drivers are available from Windows 2000 till Windows 7, although for Windows 7 it is listed as RC build 7600 (RC stands for Release Candidate) dated February 2010.
C-Media CMI8738 Driver Installation
- To install CMedia 8738 driver, just download the zipped driver file.
- Open the file and look for setup.exe then run it.
- The audio driver installation setup program will first check if you are using the correct Windows platform.
- It will also check if you are having the correct C-Media PCI Audio Decive. If not, a Window will pop up and prompt: [Please plug in C-Media PCI Audio Device and install driver again].
Download CMedia CMI8738 C3DX Driver here.
- Download Realtek HD ALC 880 Audio Codecs v R2.48 For Windows 7
- Download CMedia CMI8738 C3DX Driver