ASRock K7V88 Socket A (462) VIA Motherboard for AMD Sempron, Athlon XP/Athlon/Duron processor.
Windows XP, Windows XP 64bit, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98
Driver Date & Version
2005-06-09 (ver. 4.30g)
According to ASRock K7V88 motherboard description page, this model has 2 Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s connectors supports RAID,0,1,JBOD and SATA HDD_Hotplug. The support CD (I assume is the original CD that come with your K7V88) has all the drivers, utilities, anti virus software and ASRock PC DIY Demo.
After looking through K7V88 driver download page, I managed to find all the available drivers. I do not know if there are any errors on the website but I only managed to see five drivers, namely:
- VIA 4 in 1 driver
- C-Media audio driver
- LAN driver
- USB 2.0 driver (only needed if you are still using Windows 98 or Windows ME)
- VIA Combo RAID driver.
This VIA RAID Software Package is used to install the drivers and utility which are needed for using the VIA VT6410, VT6421, VT8237(R/A) SATA RAID controllers from VIA Technologies Inc.
- VT6410 IDE/RAID Adapter
a RAID controller that supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD. It also supports up to four IDE hard disk drives.
- VT6421 SATA RAID Adapter
It supports two SATA HDDs + Two IDE HDDs. RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD functions.
- VT8237(x) South Bridge SATA IDE/RAID Controller
It is a south bridge which includes VT6420 SATA controller so this software package also supports VT8237(R/A) SATA controller. It supports RAID 0, 1, and JBOD functions.
Please be aware that this ASRock K7V88 VIA RAID driver has these following limitation: Limitation:
- RAID5 solution for VT8251 only supports Windows 2000 and later version. Win9x, NT4 platforms are not supported.
- Application Compatibility:
Everest and SpeedFan program has problem on their coding that could not display the information of disks connected on VIA Storage Host.
ASRock K7V88 RAID Driver Installation
- Download and extract the zipped SATA_XP64_XP_2K_ME_98(430g).zip
- Extract it to proper location in your hard disk first. I will put it to C:/temp/ so I can remove them easier later.
- Launch the SETUP.EXE by double-clicking it.
- Follow on screen instructions to continue.
Download ASRock K7V88 VIA Raid Controller Driver here.
- Download GCC-4480B Drivers
- Download ASRock K7V88 VIA Raid Controller Driver