ASRock K7V88 Socket A (462) VIA Motherboard for AMD Sempron, Athlon XP/Athlon/Duron processor.
Windows XP, Windows XP 64bit, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98
Driver Date & Version
2005-06-09 (ver. 4.30g)
After looking through K7V88 driver download page, I managed to find all the available drivers. I do not know if there are any errors on the website but I only managed to see five drivers, namely:
- VIA 4 in 1 driver
- C-Media audio driver
- LAN driver
- USB 2.0 driver (only needed if you are still using Windows 98 or Windows ME)
- VIA Combo RAID driver.
This VIA RAID Software Package is used to install the drivers and utility which are needed for using the VIA VT6410, VT6421, VT8237(R/A) SATA RAID controllers from VIA Technologies Inc.
- VT6410 IDE/RAID Adapter
a RAID controller that supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD. It also supports up to four IDE hard disk drives.
- VT6421 SATA RAID Adapter
It supports two SATA HDDs + Two IDE HDDs. RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD functions.
- VT8237(x) South Bridge SATA IDE/RAID Controller
It is a south bridge which includes VT6420 SATA controller so this software package also supports VT8237(R/A) SATA controller. It supports RAID 0, 1, and JBOD functions.
Please be aware that this ASRock K7V88 VIA RAID driver has these following limitation: Limitation:
- RAID5 solution for VT8251 only supports Windows 2000 and later version. Win9x, NT4 platforms are not supported.
- Application Compatibility:
Everest and SpeedFan program has problem on their coding that could not display the information of disks connected on VIA Storage Host.
ASRock K7V88 RAID Driver Installation
- Download and extract the zipped SATA_XP64_XP_2K_ME_98(430g).zip
- Extract it to proper location in your hard disk first. I will put it to C:/temp/ so I can remove them easier later.
- Launch the SETUP.EXE by double-clicking it.
- Follow on screen instructions to continue.
Download ASRock K7V88 VIA Raid Controller Driver here.
- Download GCC-4480B Drivers
- Download ASRock K7V88 VIA Raid Controller Driver