10 Gigabit Ethernet Driver for AD385A and AB287A on HP-UX 11iv3 11iv2 11iv1 (HP PCI-X 10GBase-SR AB287, HP PCI-X 10GBase-SR AD385)
DLPI Patch: PHNE_32396 10GigEthr-00 Software Bundle B.11.11.0709 or later
Driver Date & Version
n/a (ver. B.11.11.0709 (for 11iv1))
AD385A and AB287A 10 Gigabit Ethernet cards operate on HP-UX 11iv3, 11i v2, or 11i v1. Refer to the Ethernet Configuration and Verification instructions for loading the driver and configuring the product after downloading the 10GigEthr-00 Software Bundle.
The download will link to HP download page where you will need to fill in your particulars and agree to software product [as is] warranty statement and software license terms before you can download the driver file.
The following sections explain the product requirements for 11i v1. They also explain how to download and install the 10GigEthr-00 Software Bundle:
Product and Patch Requirements for HP-UX 11i v1
|Patches and Products||Required or Optional||Description|
|Required DLPI Patch: PHNE_32396||Required|| Patch for the data link provider interface (DLPI).
Patch PHNE_32396 is also available for downloading on the HP Information Technology Resource Center (ITRC)
Select [patch database] and search for the needed patch number. If not already registered, you can register for free on the ITRC home page.
|10GigEthr-00 Software Bundle B.11.11.0709 or later (downloadable here)||Required||ixgbe (driver name)|
|SAM Patch: PHCO_31314||Optional; but recommended||SAM Patch Note: To configure the 10GigE product on HP-UX 11i v1 using the System Admin Manager (SAM) interface,
patch PHCO_31314 (or later) is required. You can obtain the patch at the HP IT Resource Center (registration required).
It can be loaded either before or after the 10GigEthr-00 software bundle.
|Transport Optional Upgrade Release (TOUR) 2.4 software||Optional; but required for TCP segmentation offload (TSO)||Transport Optional Upgrade Release (TOUR) 2.4 software is required to enable TCP segmentation offload (TSO) for use with 10 Gigabit Ethernet on HP-UX 11i v1. You can download it from the software depot.|
Installation ProcedureUse the following steps to download and install the 10GigEthr-00 Software Bundle: B.11.31.0710 for HP-UX 11i v3, B.11.23.0709 for HP-UX 11i v2, or B.11.11.0709 for HP-UX 11i v1.
Perform the swinstall steps on the system where the product is to be installed (running stand-alone -- not over the network):
- Log in to your system as root.
- Back up your system before installing the product.
- Verify that the software components requirement are installed using the following command:
Example shown is for HP-UX 11i v2:
swlist | grep PHNE_33429
PHNE_33429 (or higher)
If the patches or products are not present, download them, and install them using swinstall.
- Download the Software Driver Bundle B.11.31.0710, B.11.23.0709, or B.11.11.0709 depot file. After you have downloaded the 10GigEthr-00*.depot file, move it to the /tmp directory.
- Verify you downloaded the 10GigEthr-00 depot correctly using the following command:
swlist -d -s /tmp/<10GigEthr-00*>.depot
# 10GigEthr-00 B.11.31.0710 PCI-X 10 Gigabit Ethernet;Supptd HW=A****
- On the system where the product is to be installed (running stand-alone -- not over the network), install the 10GigEthr-00 software driver bundle B.11.31.0710 (or later), B.11.23.0709 (or later) or B.11.11.0709 (or later) with the swinstall tool as follows:
swinstall -s /tmp/<10GigEthr-00*>.depot
- After the system reboots, verify that the 10 Gigabit Ethernet driver installation was successful by running:
what /stand/vmunix | grep ixgbe
If the output does not contain the string ixgbe, the installation probably failed. One common reason for the failure could be lack of disk space. If that is the reason, free enough disk space, and retry the installation. If the installation still fails, contact your HP representative.
- View the Ethernet Configuration and Verification instructions, located on the worldwide web at http://www.docs.hp.com/, under I/O Cards and Networking Software for instructions on installing and configuring the AD385A or AB287A 10 Gigabit Ethernet products. For what\\\'s new or changed on a release, please see the 10GigEthr-00 (ixgbe) 10 Gigabit Ethernet Driver Release History.
Download 10 Gigabit Ethernet UX 11i v1 Driver here.
- Download Conexant 56k AcLink Modem Driver
- Download 10 Gigabit Ethernet UX 11i v1 Driver