Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC (also working for few other models, see description for more details)
Windows XP, 7 and Vista (32bit/64bit)
Realtek Semiconductor Corporation
Driver Date & Version
2012-04-23 (ver. 1005.36.0417.2012)
Realtek RTL 8192ce is a 802.11n WiFi chipset used in many PCI-e and USB wireless cards. You will need to install this driver in order for it to work in Windows XP, as Windows XP does not automatically install the driver once it is plug in.
Besides RTL 8192ce, the driver also support the following Realtek chipsets:
- Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
- Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter
- Realtek RTL8191CE Wireless LAN 802.11b/g PCI-E NIC
- Realtek RTL8192CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC
- Asus PCE-N10 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card
- Asus PCE-N15 11n Wireless LAN PCI-E Card
- Edimax 802.11n Wireless Adapter (Edimax is a small Taiwanese manufacturer of data networking products.)
It is advised to update to the correct driver in order to solve problem of intermittent connection problems or slow download over the internet. As for driver for Linux such as Ubuntu, it is reported that the driver already inside the OS kernel so you do not have to install again. Some codes:
- description: Wireless interface
- product: RTL8192CE PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
- vendor: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd.
To install the Windows XP driver, download the driver zip file, unzip to a temporary folder. Go to the folder and run Setup.exe, a REALTEK PCIE Wireless LAN Software installshield Wizard will start and walk you through the setup process. Restart your PC after that and hopefully your Realtek 8192ce wifi will work afterwards. Kindly let me know if you got any problem or finding to share to other via comment below.
Download RTL8192ce XP Driver here.
- Download Inspiron 15 3521 Windows 7 32-bit WiFi Driver
- Download RTL8192ce XP Driver