LAN driver version 15.3 for Intel® Desktop Boards with the Intel® PRO Network Connections for Desktop.
ProWin32 is for 32bit version of Windows (see requirements below for specific versions of Windows supported.
⦁ Windows XP Professional SP3* ⦁ Windows Server 2003 SP2* ⦁ Windows Vista SP2* ⦁ Windows Server 2008 SP2* ⦁ Windows 7*
Driver Date & Version
5/11/2010 (ver. 15.3)
Download the driver file (EXE) and run it. When you run it, it will extract the files to a temporary directory, run the installation wizard, and remove the temporary files when the installation is complete. Very easy, typical Intel style.
This 32bit driver is compatible with the following Intel branded motherboard models with built in network chipset:
Intel(R) PROSet users must upgrade PROSet when upgrading drivers. Failure to do so will result in instability and missing tabs in Windows Device Manager.
Additional steps to be taken:
- In your computer’s BIOS settings, make sure "Plug and Play OS" is set to YES.
- Make sure the driver is loaded and the necessary protocols are installed and configured for your Intel network adapter.
- Check the Microsoft Windows* Event Viewer for error messages.
- Test the adapter with the Intel® PROSet for Microsoft Windows* Device Manager advanced configuration utility or with the DOS diagnostic provided in the Tools Directory contained in this archive.
- Check with your LAN administrator - you may need to install supplemental networking software.
If you need to install in other than 32bit Windows, you might want to refer to the info below for file needed:
- Microsoft Windows* (x64, 64 bit versions) - PROWINX64.exe
- Microsoft Windows* Server for Itanium-based Systems - PROWIN64.exe
- Microsoft Windows* 2000 SP4 - PRO2K.exe
- NetWare - PRONWARE.exe
- DOS (NDIS2, ODI) - PRODOS.exe
Since this is the latest supported driver available on Intel PRO_17 0_PROWin32.exe, and the latest supported OS being Windows 7, so for Windows 8, 10 and later I believe the driver is already supported by Windows and should be installed automatically.
If you have the following network card and you plan to use it in Windows 7, you are out of luck because Windows 7 does not support these:
- Intel(R) Ethernet X520 10GbE Dual Port KX4-KR Mezz
- Intel(R) Gigabit VT Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/100+ Dual Port Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 CT Network Connection
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 F Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 Gigabit Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 PF Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Low Profile Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 PT Quad Port Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 T Desktop Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 T Network Connection
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 T Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 XF Network Connection
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 XF Server Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 XT Desktop Adapter
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 XT Network Connection
- Intel(R) PRO/1000 XT Server Adapter
- Intel(R) 82599 10 Gigabit Dual Port Backplane Connection
- Intel(R) Ethernet ExpressModule X520-P2
- Intel(R) Ethernet X520 10GbE Dual Port KX4 Mezz
- Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit KX4 Network Connection
- Intel(R) 10 Gigabit SR Dual Port Express Module
- Intel(R) 82598EB 10 Gigabit AT CX4 Network Connection
- Intel(R) Ethernet Mezzanine Adapter X520-KX4-2
- Download Micromax Nitro A 310 USB Driver
- Download Intel_PRO_17 0_PROWin32.exe Driver