This is the latest BIOS firmware update for Lenovo ThinkPad X120e, the latest AMD based notebook. There are two types of firmware update method, one is through Windows firmware update program, which is simpler but also easier to mess up, and the safer but more complicated way is through the usage of BIOS bootable CD.
This BIOS firmware ver. 1.04 is the initial release version. Both the BIOS and ECP (Embedded Controller Program) will be updated. Some important information regarding this BIOS update.
|BIOS (BIOS ID)
|ECP (ECP ID)
As usual, if your Lenovo X120e is working properly, there is no need to perform a BIOS update. Another thing is DO NOT ever turn off your ThinkPad while doing BIOS update, or it will brick your notebook.
Lenovo Thinkpad X120e BIOS Update 1.04 Installation Steps
- Download the BIOS update file 8fuj01us.exe. You may want to read the readme file 8fuj01us.txt as well as it contains additional information regarding the update.
- Make sure to be logged on with an administrator account onyou Thinkpad X120e notebook.
- Even if the battery still have plenty of charge, I would suggest plug in the AC adapter. Better safe than sorry.
- Run the downloaded file 8fuj01us.exe. Follow the instructions on the screen.
- In the Select Destination Location window, click Next. If you would like to select a different folder, click Browse.
- In the Ready to Install window, click Install. All the necessary files will be extracted to the folder selected in the step 10.
- Make sure the checkbox next to "Install ..... now" is checked and click Finish.
- Make backup of your original version of BIOS, then select 'Update ThinkPad BIOS' and follow the instructions on the screen.
- After the update has been completed, the program shows a message 'Flash Update has been successfully completed...'. Follow the instructions on the screen to restart the computer.
Alternatively, you can try the Free Driver Scanner.